Students may complete the JD/MBA program in four years or less. Regardless of the timetable chosen, all students must meet the following degree requirements:
- 114 semester hours
- 75 hours at the School of Law
- 39 hours at Manderson School of Business
- In meeting additional credit hour requirements, both programs accept credit from the other
- The Law School transfers an additional 15 MBA hours toward the JD.
- The MBA program transfers an additional 18 law hours toward the MBA.
The Accelerated JD/MBA
As of 2007, the Law School allows students in the joint JD/MBA program to complete the degrees on an accelerated basis, by taking 20 credit hours during the summers.
The Four-Year JD/MBA
Students in the four-year JD/MBA program spend the first year at the Law School, the second year in the business school, and the third and fourth years taking classes in both programs. Some students, however, enroll in the four-year joint program after their second year in law school.
For more information about the Accelerated and Four-Year academic tracks, please contact the Law School’s Associate Dean for Academic Affairs, Law School Advisor for the JD/MBA program, at firstname.lastname@example.org, or Patricia Wilson, Director of Admissions and Student Services for the Manderson School of Business, at email@example.com.