Visiting the Law School
The University of Alabama School of Law encourages prospective students to visit the Law School to tour the facilities, meet with an admissions staff member, and attend a class.
Class observation will begin again the week of August 25.
The University of Alabama, the Law School, and the Admissions Office are closed the following dates:
Friday, July 4 for Independence Day
Please contact Eve Dempsey-Machado (email@example.com) in the Admissions Office at (205) 348-4222 to schedule your visit. Please arrive promptly at the Admissions Office, Room 144, on the First Floor of the Law School. We ask that you call or e-mail ahead to schedule your visit. We look forward to meeting you.
|From Birmingham (I-20/59):||* Take the McFarland Boulevard Exit (Exit 73).
* At the bottom of the exit ramp, turn right onto McFarland Boulevard West. Stay in the far right lane.
* After approximately 3 miles, take the University Boulevard Exit. The exit curves to the right.
* At the top of the exit ramp, turn to the right and immediately get into the far-left lane. DCH Hospital will be on your left.
* Go through one traffic light.
* At the next traffic light turn left onto Paul Bryant Drive. (You will have the choice of going straight on University or bearing left on Paul Bryant–take the left).
* Get into the left lane and proceed through one traffic light.
* The Law School is on the left-hand side of the road approximately 1/4 of a mile past the traffic light.
|From Montgomery (Highway 82):||* Highway 82 turns into McFarland Boulevard. Follow directions above from McFarland Boulevard.
* You may also take Interstate 65 North to Birmingham from Montgomery and follow the directions above from that point.
|From Meridian (I-20/59):||* Take exit 71 (I-359).
* I-359 turns into Lurleen Wallace Boulevard. Get into the right-hand lane and turn right onto Paul Bryant Drive.
* Continue on Paul Bryant Drive until you see the Law School on your right
|From Highway 69N:||* Highway 69N turns into I-359, which turns into Lurleen Wallace Boulevard. Get into the right-hand lane and turn right onto Paul Bryant Drive.
* Continue on Paul Bryant Drive until you see the Law School on your right.
Birmingham International Airport (BHM) is just one hour from campus and is served by most major airlines. For more information on this airport, please visit www.flybirmingham.com. The following airlines fly in and out of the Birmingham Airport: American Airlines; Continental, Delta, including Comair and Connection; Express Jet; Northwest; Southwest; United Express; US Airways; and America West. Nonstop and direct flight information is available at the airport’s website.
There is easy access to the Interstate from Birmingham International Airport, so you will have a direct route to Tuscaloosa after landing and collecting baggage. Rental cars, shuttle services, and taxis are available at the Birmingham Airport. For a listing of available companies and phone numbers, please see Ground Transportation here: flybirmingham.com/passenger-parking.html..
Parking at Alabama Law
Visitors may park in one of two areas at the law school. There is a parking lot at the front of the school, accessed by turning into the gated drive marked with the University of Alabama School of Law sign. If you enter the glass doors, you will enter on the second floor. Please take the brick spiral staircase on the right-hand side of the brick foyer to the first floor. The Admissions Office is to the sharp right when you reach the bottom of the stairs. Also, there is a parking lot on the East side of the law school. (If you are facing the Law School, it is to the left of the building.) This is the parking lot used by some faculty and staff. To access this parking lot, you will take Jackson Avenue from Bryant Drive. Please enter the Law School. You are on the first floor and will take the hallway to the other end of the building. Regardless of which parking lot you choose, please be sure to get a Visitor’s Parking Pass from the Admissions Office. Place it in your car prior to the commencement of your appointment.
In 2007, the University began its campus bus system or CrimsonRide. CrimsonRide is in operation weekdays from 7am-7pm, nights from 7pm-2:30am, and weekends from 9am-9pm. Route maps are available at crimsonride.ua.edu. During your visit to Alabama Law, your tour, class, and meetings will be held at the law school; thus, you will have no need to be transported across campus. The CrimsonRide is a useful transportation tool for visitors who wish to see the rest of campus and matriculated law students who desire to get across campus without driving.