Why Alabama Law?
The University of Alabama School of Law offers you:
- Affordable Cost: Alabama Law is a “Best Value” law school according to the National Jurist. This year, tuition is $22,020 for Alabama residents and $37,360 for nonresidents. Also, the cost of living in Tuscaloosa is very reasonable.
- Low Student-Faculty Ratio: Alabama’s student-to-faculty ratio is 9.5 to 1.
Employment Rate: 91.8% of our Class of 2014 were employed in bar-passage-required or J.D.-advantage positions or pursuing advanced degrees within 9 months of graduation.
- Federal Clerkships: 2014 marks the seventh consecutive year that 8 or more Alabama Law graduates have been placed in federal judicial clerkships. Alabama Law has the 11th highest percentage of graduates with Federal Clerkships in the nation, as reported by U.S. News and World Report in June 2014.
- Bar Passage Rate: For our Class of 2014, the Alabama State Bar passage rate was 95.7%. Our national bar passage rate was 94%.
- Public Interest & Public Service: The Law School offers a certificate program in Public Interest Law and provides you with a resource center for gaining public interest experience.
- Governmental Affairs: Alabama Law offers a Certificate in Governmental Affairs, as well as an opportunity to spend a semester in Washington, D.C. through our Federal Externship Program.
- Atmosphere: Alabama Law offers you an exciting and progressive legal education in a collegial environment.
- Access: Seven U.S. Supreme Court justices have addressed Alabama Law students in the last decade.
- Advocacy Teams and Journals: Alabama Law fields 17 outstanding moot court and trial advocacy teams and publishes four student-run journals.
- Legal Experience: Alabama is one of the few law schools in the country that guarantees every student the opportunity to participate in at least one law clinic before graduating. Our program offers the following clinics: Domestic Violence, Criminal Defense, Elder Law, Civil Law, Community Development, and Mediation Law.
- International Programs: The Law School offers semester-long programs in India and Israel, as well as a summer program in Australia. Alabama Law also offers LL.M. and J.S.D. degrees.
Alabama Law offers its students a high quality-of-life coupled with an exciting, challenging educational environment.
Contact the Admissions Office at (205) 348-5440 or email@example.com to learn more about The University of Alabama School of Law.
(Updated September 2015)