Off-Campus Interview Conferences
Off-Campus Interview Conferences (sometimes referred to as job fairs) provide students with the opportunity to interview with multiple employers in one centralized location. These conferences may involve employers looking for summer clerks or first-year associates. Your CSO will always update students on upcoming events.
1) Patent Law Interview Program. This job fair is sponsored by Loyola University Chicago School of Law and is held in Chicago each August. Through this program, patent law employers are able to interview students from law schools around the country. For more information visit: http://www.luc.edu/law/index.html
2) Southeastern Minority Job Fair (SEMJF). This job fair is held in Atlanta each August for approximately 50 participating law schools. While it is designed primarily for minority students, this job fair is open to all students who are interested in interviewing with employers from around the nation. For more information visit: www.semjf.org
3) Atlanta Interview Program (AIP). Open to rising second- and third-years students, AIP is held in Atlanta in the fall of each year. AIP offers employers nationwide the opportunity to conveniently recruit summer associates and entry-level attorneys from Tulane University Law School, The University of Alabama School of Law, and Washington University in St. Louis School of Law. Check with your Career Services Office for more information.
4) Equal Justice Works Career Fair. This job fair is held in Washington, DC each fall. It provides students and alumni a unique opportunity to collect information about and to interview with representatives of government agencies, legal-services office, civil rights organizations, consumer protection groups, environmental advocacy groups, and other similar entities in one location. For more information visit the Public Interest Institute in Room 173C or go to www.equaljusticeworks.org/.
5) Damali Booker First-Year Minority Clerkship Job Fair. Sponsored by the Nashville Bar Association Minority Opportunities Committee, this job fair is held in Nashville, TN, in the spring of each year. It provides an opportunity for legal employers to interview first-year law students for positions in their summer associate programs. Check with your Career Services Office for more information.