Log in at Examsoft.com/alabamalaw under Exam Takers
Use your CWID and ExamSoft password
*Your account will be associated with the email address you use to register for classes (many students have their crimson.ua.edu account listed, others use their law school or undergraduate email addresses)
Note for Windows 10 users:
Windows Defender’s Real Time Protection should be turned off for the exam (instructions here), if you have issues after an exam, please bring the computer by room 132 so we can resolve the issue.
For Spring Exams:
If you already have ExamSoft installed from the previous fall, you do not need to download it again, you will only need to download the exam files by clicking the “Download Exams” button, logging in, and downloading the exam for each class.
For questions about your ExamSoft account or help getting your laptop ready, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or drop by room 132.
Before the exam:
- Update your computer! Examsoft will slow down considerably if your computer tries to update it’s software during your exam
- Make sure your computer is virus free
- Download the installer and step through the install process.
- Start SofTest and download the exams you plan to take on your computer.
At the time of the exam:
- Choose the correct course from the available exams.
- Enter your anonymous number and the password provided.
(the password will only work for that course’s exam)
- You will be prompted to upload the exam after it is complete.
- If your computer freezes: Restart the computer, you can hard reset it by holding down the power button and then turning it back on, ExamSoft will start back up at the most recent automatic backup.
- If your exam doesn’t successfully upload immediately after the exam: Please wait a few minutes and restart ExamSoft again, the upload will restart automatically and your exam’s start and end times will not be affected.
Examsoft must be reinstalled every Academic year.
Note for non-law UA students taking law school exams: You will receive an email to your crimson email account with your exam info, drop by room 132 between 8:00 am and 4:45 pm for help installing ExamSoft on your laptop, or for other options.