Exam Instructions and Reminders
Chart providing additional details for your upcoming fall exams
Please note the following information:
- The column labeled “Secure” indicates the level of security that will be in place for your exam:
– “Secure” means that you will not be able to access any programs on your computer other than Examplify
– “Unsecured (no internet)” means that you will be able to access other programs on your computer, including outlines and electronic casebooks, but will not be able to access the internet. Please note that the cut-and-paste feature will be disabled for these exams, which means that you will not be able to cut-and-paste text into your exam answer. This includes not only text from other sources, but also text within your exam answer on Examplify.
– “Unsecured” means that you will be able to access other programs on your computer, including not only outlines and casebook but also programs that utilize the internet (e.g., Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox). Please note that the cut-and-paste feature will be disabled for these exams, which means that you will not be able to cut-and-paste text into your exam. This includes not only text from other sources, but also text within your exam answer on Examplify.
- The column labeled “Examplify Required” indicates whether you are required to use Examplify when taking your exam. Please note that you will be able to use Examplify to draft and submit your exam answer, even when it is not required.
- The column labeled “Zoom Info” indicates whether video proctoring is required for your exam. If your exam is listed as requiring “Zoom Proctoring,” you must either connect to Zoom using a secondary device or take the exam in the assigned classroom (which will be videorecorded).
If you have printed versions of the exam, you can toggle the question display using the arrow next to the number.
- Professors may require Examplify, which should be downloaded and installed previous to the exam date
- Update your computer! Run automatic Apple and Windows updates, your computer will slow down considerably if your it tries to run routine updates during your exam (you may want to hold off on the large Apple version updates in late Fall).
- System Requirements:
- 32-bit and 64-bit Versions of Windows 10
- If you are using a Microsoft Surface device, please read this article for important instructions on Windows 10 “S mode” versus the standard Windows 10. S mode is not compatible with Examplify.
- OS X 10.14 (Mojave), and macOS Catalina (10.15)
- MacOS Big Sur (version 11.0) is only compatible with Examplify version 2.5 or higher (Released on 11/13/20 or later) if possible we suggest you wait until after exams to update to MacOS Big Sur (version 11.0)
- CPU: Intel processor. (Devices using Apple’s M1 chipset are not supported.)
- Follow up with email@example.com if you have installation problems
Other Fall remote learning information will be posted at https://www.law.ua.edu/students-academic-continuity/