Due to Covid-19, many of our regular pro bono activities are on hold. Below is a list of current or future pro bono opportunities. To suggest a project, please contact Assistant Dean Glory McLaughlin (email@example.com).
The Public Interest Student Board has compiled a list of local community service opportunities. Please contact Clarissa Johnson (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Nick Hebebrand (email@example.com) for more information.
Tuscaloosa Area Opportunities
Birmingham Area Opportunities
For more details about volunteer work, see the Pro Bono Handbook.
International Refugee Assistance Project (IRAP)
- IRAP organizes law students and lawyers to develop and enforce a set of legal and human rights for refugees and displaced persons. Mobilizing direct legal aid, litigation, and systemic advocacy, IRAP serves the world’s most persecuted individuals and empowers the next generation of human rights leaders.
- For more information, contact Chapter Director Haley Czarnek (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Moral Forum Debate Tournament
- Serve as a judge during the preliminary rounds of an undergraduate debate tournament that is part of the Moral Forum course offered through the UA Honors College.
- Debate rounds are held on multiple days at the law school.
- For more information, contact Program Coordinator, Felecia Linton.
SaveFirst Tax Preparation (Spring Semester)
- Assist low-income families with income tax preparation
- Training required – 8-hour IRS certification; will be in January (dates TBD)
- Runs from January – April, with various dates and times available
- For more information, contact Assistant Dean Glory McLaughlin.